Wednesday, March 18, 2009

1 bike due north last week, no bikes due north this week

While I was waiting for my knee to heal in La Paz, Paul and the 3 English lads cycled on towards Cusco in Peru. Tom got sick at the Peruvian border and had to bus the last bit into Cusco but they all regrouped to hike up to Machiu Pichu in the middle of the night and get in for free.

While the 3 English lads headed on into the Peruvian mountains Paul stayed put so we could sort out our flights home. Last I heard Paul had to go to hospital in Cusco for a minor operation, not sure for what but he´ll be out of action for a week at least. Hopefully he´s ok.

My doc gave my knee the all clear to bus to Cusco today, I might be able to cycle in a weeks time. Good thing is at least I can bend my knee enough to load the bike on a bus so I´m headed up to Cusco to check out my cycling buddy.

So no bikes going anywhere this week or next week bar in the luggage compartment of a bus. Hopefully Paul´s ok and we´ll both be good to travel after we recover.

1 comment:

Abusingleves said...

Sorry to hear that Ronan. Hope you both make a speedy recovery.